Protect the Whole Person - Protect the Whole Society
In our opinion, EMF protection requires a comprehensive approach, from which no single part may safely lack. Such an approach must address the whole person, including our inner life, our relationship with our surrounding environment - and not least, our interactions with others. For the sake of an overview, here are some crucial aspects :
- Seek basic understanding of potential dangers of EMF/RF/wireless technologies – and add to this regularly : The EMF Dilemma : A Problem the Law Hasn't Caught Up With
- Reduce exposures wherever possible : EMF Overload : Protect Yourself !
- Strengthen your resilience and resistance to EMF, through a thoroughgoing personal wellness program : Building Your Personal Wellness Program
- For exposures unavoidable by other means, research and use appropriate EMF protection technologies : EMF Protection Products We Recommend
- Reduce exposures driven by unmet emotional needs or discomforts - idle or binge browsing, video/other gaming, or social media time when you really could or should be doing something more important. Consider ways you may use technologies as distractions from difficult feelings or situations. Address these more directly to reduce the need for escape/distraction
- Find and pursue purpose in your life. As much as any physical measure, meaning and positive, purposeful activity strengthen inner resilience and resistance to environmental challenges. Having purpose in your life is well known to benefit physical health. Also supportive to inner/outer health are to
- Take interest in the world and people around you
- Pay attention to and pursue interests you carry inside you
- Live with questions that arise in you, and that perhaps can't be immediately or easily answered. These can be questions about the external world, about people and social relationships - or purely inner or spiritual ones. Questions we've lived with that have enriched our lives, or given them direction include ones such as
- What is a human being ?
- Why do people act and think as they do ?
- How can I best and rightly understand the world - and the universe around me ?
These are a few important "open questions" we've entertained, that have been fruitful for us. This same open process can also be applied to practical questions and problems with excellent effect. As a practice supporting inner health, it also contributes to physical and social health - all of which are protective factors against EMF/RF radiation
- Take interest and action not just for your own safety and wellbeing, but that of others – especially children, and people who are already sick
- According to your own abilities and the areas of concern closest to your own heart, participate in EMF safety activism. Me, You, We Together : EMF Safety Activism
- Learn about and make use of The Precautionary Principle – a way to address environmental dangers across many industries
- Support the work of concerned scientists and EMF activists : share their work with your friends and social contacts
- Include, engage - and not just blame - the makers of the technologies you’re concerned about. Their products and services also benefit our lives, and in many ways we depend on them. Better, we think, to persistently ask for improvements to these technologies, that reduce or eliminate downside effects. This may actually be one of the biggest missing pieces in our present EMF dilemma
Share this page